Being the joint venture of two leading uranium industry companies (NAC Kazatomprom JSC, Republic of Kazakhstan and Cameco Corporation, Canada), JV Inkai LLP strives for overall and sustainable development, similar to that of its Participants, thus voluntarily agrees on social-oriented behavior in all aspects of its activities.
In order to comply with it’s mission, vision and corporate values, the Company sets the objective – to meet the highest standards in the area of corporate social responsibility of business (hereinafter - CSR).
Considering interests of its Participants, employees, local communities (in the region where the Company operates), as well as legal requirements and own strategic objectives, the Company must perform activities with observance of the following principles:
1. Human rights
- The Company must respect human rights declared in the Constitution of the Republic of Kazakhstan and those declared on the international level, and support their protection;
- The Company must not be accessory to violation of human rights.
2. Work standards
- The Company must support the freedom of association and recognition of the right to enter into collective agreements;
- The Company must advocate elimination of all forms of compulsory and mandatory labor;
- The Company must advocate complete eradication of juvenile labor;
- The Company must advocate elimination of discrimination in the area of labor and employment.
- The Company must support the approach to environmental issues based on precautionary principle;
- The Company must undertake initiatives aimed at strengthening of responsibility for environment;
- The Company must support development and distribution of environmentally-friendly technologies.
- The Company must stand against all forms of corruption, including extortion and bribery.
CSR Policy of the Company establishes the following strategic objectives:
- Achieve and maintain social stability rating of at least "high" level by implementing a set of necessary activities and projects. Studies for determining social stability rating shall be made by an external organization using methodology of JSC "Samruk-Kazyna" group;
- Increase in labor productivity by creating and developing comfortable and safe working and leisure conditions, supporting health, increasing motivation of the Company’s employees, preventing occurrence of factors that negatively affect the social mood of employees;
- Achieve and maintain recognition by local communities as a socially responsible enterprise through implementation of a set of necessary activities and projects coordinated with local executive bodies and/or public organizations;
- Achieve satisfaction of customers of the Company’s finished products, business community and strengthening of the Company’s image at the international level by implementing the Corporate Social Responsibility Policy and compliance with the Agreement on promoting the principles of the UN Global Compact and the International Standard ISO 26000 "Guidance on social responsibility".
Main direction of CSR activities:
- Functioning of Quality, Health and Safety Management System;
- Environment protection and energy saving;
- Lean management;
- Staff development;
- Management of relationships between employees and the employer;
- Anti-corruption activities and transparency of business;
- Contributions to social and economic development of Sozak district of Turkestan oblast;
- Corporate culture.
- Social and charitable assistance to any legal bodies and private individuals is prohibited;
The Company does not fund activities of political parties and religious organizations.